Century Sebree Annual Economic Impact
At Century Sebree we value our employees and their families; our customers throughout Kentucky and the United States; the viability of the local economy; and our responsibility of being a corporate citizen.
In short, this is where we want to be. We proudly call this area our home and it is our plan to continue operating here for many years to come.
Here are some statistics reflecting the economic impact our smelter has in western Kentucky:
- Taxable Wages and Salaries: $35 million
- State Tax from Wages: $1.8 million
- State Sales Tax Paid: $1.5 million
- School, Utility, Energy Taxes: $677,000
- Plant Purchases from regional vendors: $41 million
- $210 million in annual purchases, including power and materials
- Investment in Sebree facility since 1985: $200 million-plus